With the Exhibition closing I am reminded the summer holidays are coming to an end and back to school is just around the corner. Although all common sense it is worth noting some safety reminders to help ensure the kids all have a great start to the new year.
- Be aware of your surroundings, look both ways
- Leave your phone in your backpack – distracted pedestrians are a danger!
- Walk on the sidewalk or if no sidewalk on the shoulder facing traffic.
- Cross at intersections, obey the traffic signals.
- Always make eye contact with the driver at stop signs and wait to enter the intersection until the car has come to a complete stop.
- Slow down and respect the speed zones, the kids are excited, and you need to be fully aware.
- All lanes of traffic must stop when the school bus red lights are flashings, remain stopped until the lights are turned off.
- Yield to Pedestrians
- Obey the crossing guards
- Be aware of your surroundings, leave the phone in the back seat of your car.
Wishing everyone a wonderful and safe start to the new school year.